Murrieta Service Area
The Murrieta City Council formed the Water Infrastructure Ad-Hoc Committee (Water Committee) in October of 2017 to address water supply and infrastructure concerns in the western portion of the City. In December 2017, the Water Committee unanimously determined that the most appropriate course of action was to ask LAFCO to conduct a detailed Municipal Service Review. In February 2018, the City formally requested a Focused Municipal Service Review (FMSR).
On December 6, 2018, the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) approved a consultant agreement with West Yost Associates to prepare a FMSR for the area that generally comprises the Murrieta Division of Western Municipal Water District. The involved agencies, Western Municipal Water District (WMWD), Eastern Municipal Water District (EMWD), and Rancho California Water District (RCWD) and the City of Murrieta agreed to fund equal portions of the cost of the FMSR agreement.
Municipal Service Review by the Local Agency Formation Commission
Western believes that the service review will ultimately benefit our current water customers by identifying the most cost-effective service provider to deliver water service into the future. The most recent document is available at the top of this list:
- Final Focused Municipal Service Review
- Murrieta Area Focused Municipal Service Review - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- LAFCO Commission Meeting Authorizing Contract with West Yost - Agenda & Letter
- LAFCO Murrieta MSR Funding Participation Agreement - Fully Executed
- WMWD Board Meeting Approving LAFCO Murrieta MSR Funding Participation Agreement - Agenda & Letter
For more information on the Murrieta Focused Water Municipal Service Review, visit the LAFCO website.