Murrieta Service Area
In 2005, Western merged the former Murrieta County Water District into our operations. Since that time, Western has had the privilege of providing our valued customers with reliable service. In recent months, Western conducted a preliminary comparison of water delivery options to ensure a high level of service at the lowest cost to you – our Murrieta Service Area customers.
Please refer to the below activities for current updates.
Western staff has been working on solutions for the Murrieta Service Area Development issues in conjunction with the City of Murrieta, Rancho California Water District, Eastern Municipal Water District, and Elsinore Municipal Water District. We had anticipated holding a Committee meeting in January. We value your time and to best serve you, we anticipate the next Committee meeting will take place in Spring 2018. This will provide an opportunity to bring the most up to date information with all parties involved. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to serve your needs.
Links to agendas, presentations, and minutes are included below.
- October 3, 2017: Western’s team was invited to share a brief presentation the Murrieta City Council.
- August 16, 2017: Western’s Board took action to suspend analysis of a potential change
in service providers pending the resolution of water-related issues.
- July 26, 2017: Special Murrieta Committee Meeting
- July 5, 2017: ACTION TAKEN - Committee of the Board established
- June 28, 2017: Murrieta Ad Hoc Committee
Resources & Background Documentation
The following letters have been mailed to Murrieta residents to provide notification of Committee and Board actions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Rancho, Eastern, and Western are coordinating activities and planning options for the region