Lois B. Krieger Water Project Grants for Educators
Since 1995, Western has offered educators in western Riverside County the opportunity to apply for grants for water-related projects. The Lois B. Krieger Water Project Grants for Educators (Krieger Grant) program helps fund creative classroom projects that seek to further a better understanding of water and the vital role it plays in the community. The program continues to have a wide-ranging impact on students and educators in Western’s service area.
Lois B. Krieger served as Western’s representative to The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Board of Directors for 25 years, and was the first female President of the Association of California Water Agencies.
All teachers in Western’s service area, in both private and public K-12 schools, are eligible to apply. See a list of qualifying public schools.
Through the Krieger Grant program, educators and students have the opportunity to become actively engaged in educational and water-related classroom projects. Funding can be used for virtual or in-person water education. Krieger Grants are awarded in various amounts. Teachers can receive up to $1,000* for water-related classroom projects.
The 2021 grant cycle is open. Apply now through Friday, Nov. 6, 2020.
*Grant awards of more than $600 require that Western issue an IRS Tax Form 1099-G. Therefore, there may be tax implications for individual teachers. Existing 2019-20 grant recipients with incomplete projects are not eligible to apply.
2020 Lois B. Krieger Grant recipients
- Christy Wong Ah Sun, Mountain View Elementary School
- Chantelle Loitz, Elsinore High School
- John Chung, Ortega High School
- Kevin Mobley ,Elsinore High School
- Nadine Loza, Eleanor Roosevelt High School
- Dinah Palagi, Pedley Elemetary School
- Sunny Kaura, Centennial High School
- Glenda Haas, Railroad Canyon Elementary School
- Araceli Anguiano, Corona High School
- Cherie Oshita-Gruidl, E. Hale Curran Elementary School
- Kelley Remington, Temescal Valley Elementary School
- Darla Garcia, Temescal Valley Elementary
- Cheryl Tamayo, Arlington High School
- Janice Lomnicky, E. Hale Curran Elementary School
- Shaun Galvan, Temescal Canyon High
- Maricela Archer, Matthew Gage Middle School
- Maria Sheehan, Temescal Valley Elementary School
- Don Fitzgerald, Murrieta Valley High School
- Abbe Kya, Santiago High School
- Carolyn Diaz, John F. Kennedy Middle College High School
- Courtney Flores, Woodcrest Christian Day School
Field Trip Sponsorships
Western’s field trip program is sponsored through the Lois B. Krieger Water Project Grants for Educators program. Teachers can apply each year during the months of September through November for field trip sponsorship through the Krieger Grant program.
For more information about grants and sponsorship opportunities, contact Western’s Education team at 951.571.7259.