Payment Assistance Programs
Western offers several options for customers to request assistance in paying their water and/or wastewater (sewer) bill. Browse through the options below to see which might best suit your needs. You may also call Western's Customer Service team Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., to discuss these options.
- Payment Arrangements
- Low-Income Bill Payment Assistance
- Riverside County Low Income Household Water Assistance Program
Request a payment arrangement.
If you need more time to pay your bill, email Customer Service or call 951.571.7104 before your bill is past due. Our Customer Service team will review your account for payment arrangement eligibility.
Western Water's Customer Service team is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
See if you qualify for Western's Low-Income Bill Payment Assistance Program.
Western offers bill payment assistance to qualified low-income residential water and wastewater (sewer) customers. Customers can receive up to $150, or the total amount due on the bill, whichever is less. The maximum amount allowable assistance per 12-month period is $150.
To qualify for assistance, you must be a current participant of the CARE program offered by your gas or electric company and meet the following requirements:
- Your account is past due.
- You can provide a copy of your most recent natural gas or electric bill showing you receive a CARE discount.
- The name and service address on the gas or electric bill must match the name and service address on the water bill. If the names do not match, the name on the gas or electric bill must be added to the water account using our Addition of Customer Name to Water Account form.
- Assistance cannot be used toward payment of a deposit.
Assistance is subject to funding availability.
If you would like to apply for assistance or have additional questions, please contact Western's Customer Service team at 951.571.7104 or via email to email@example.com.
See if you qualify for the statewide Low Income Household Water Assistance Program administered by the Community Action Partnership of Riverside County.
What is the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)?
The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families with assistance on past due water and sewer bills - up to $2,000. LIHWAP is a grant. You do not have to repay it.
To receive assistance, you must:
- Be a Riverside County resident;
- Have an unpaid water or sewer bill; and
- Meet the income guidelines.
How do I apply?
Call the Riverside County Community Action Partnership at 951.955.4900 to request an application or apply online at www.CAPRiverside.org.
To apply, you will need:
- Names of the people in your household;
- Picture ID and social security card of the person applying;
- Last four weeks of income for all household members;
- Water/sewer bill; and
- Proof of citizenship.